Grizzly bandsaws - free shipping - should I?

bushwacked

If you ha e the Grizzly catalog it has a coupon code on the back. Search for other coupon codes I got mine for 495 or so shipped and it was worth every single penny. I love it

If you are there you are gonna be fine . Skip the lift gate it was in two boxes mostly assembled

heck ya! Got mine for 495 after the discount on the back of the catalog! I did not even notice it before. thank you!! 

now just the waiting game ...

haha, TIODS how bout I make you a cutting board ;) 

Did you get the riser block? If not, run back and get it. I love my Grizz. Got the block and the re-saw fence. Don't even put the piece of crap blade on that comes with it or you'll be pissed at the saw. You'll be pleased! Money well spent!

Was I unclear that I like mine

• Like 1

Did you get the riser block? If not, run back and get it. I love my Grizz. Got the block and the re-saw fence. Don't even put the piece of crap blade on that comes with it or you'll be pissed at the saw. You'll be pleased! Money well spent!

Was I unclear that I like mine

Not yet. I wanted to get to know the normal machine. Plus I'm not fully convinced on risers yet I have read some iffy things about it.

Which resaw fence? How do you like the fence over the normal one for basic activities? Or do you just switch between them? I would hope to use one all the time.

I bought this little tool last year at the wood show at the Carter both. Was 6 or 7 bucks. It's blue anodized machined aluminum with a rare earth magnet to hold it to the blade, there are cut aways for the tooth set. You stick it to the blade and move the fence close to it and measure the distance at the front and back of the tool to set the fence. Simple and effective if you change your blade often. It doesn't work well for 1/4" blades it's a 3/8" blade - 3/4" blade kind of tool.

171bc07ab9c194ad1667b25941be8c18.jpg

b3a74467bda3c051ec6141060aa22b24.jpg

Not yet. I wanted to get to know the normal machine. Plus I'm not fully convinced on risers yet I have read some iffy things about it.

Which resaw fence? How do you like the fence over the normal one for basic activities? Or do you just switch between them? I would hope to use one all the time.

Can't figure out how to copy and paste from this iPad. Their p/n is h7585.

The riser is beefy. As for as drift, I don't know if it's the machine or the blade or I'm just darn lucky, but it's not an issue. I believe I can re-saw tissue paper if I tried. Well, almost!

I bought this little tool last year at the wood show at the Carter both. Was 6 or 7 bucks. It's blue anodized machined aluminum with a rare earth magnet to hold it to the blade, there are cut aways for the tooth set. You stick it to the blade and move the fence close to it and measure the distance at the front and back of the tool to set the fence. Simple and effective if you change your blade often. It doesn't work well for 1/4" blades it's a 3/8" blade - 3/4" blade kind of tool.

171bc07ab9c194ad1667b25941be8c18.jpg

b3a74467bda3c051ec6141060aa22b24.jpg

that seems like a nifty tool ...

going off Marc's recommendation I found ... I think I may go with 

Wood Slicer 1/2 inch Resaw Bandsaw Blade 

and then a

Timber Wolf Bandsaw Blade 1/8" x 93-1/2", 14 TPI

and have those as my 2 starting blades ... plus the stock blade if I ever need something like that until I figure out the machine and what it likes for what I am doing

thoughts?