Setting up shop!

shaneymack

Exact same saw I have, and in addition to the safety feature, everything else on the saw is well thought out. You'll probably have a few bolts left over when installing the fence rails as these are used for the contractor saw. The saw runs so smoothly it's hard to believe it's 3HP.

I just got done building an outfeed table and 3 sleds for mine. 

Exact same saw I have, and in addition to the safety feature, everything else on the saw is well thought out. You'll probably have a few bolts left over when installing the fence rails as these are used for the contractor saw. The saw runs so smoothly it's hard to believe it's 3HP.

I just got done building an outfeed table and 3 sleds for mine.

Pictures!!!

Forget the sawstop, look at that stack of Festool in the background! Do I count 8 systainers?? :o

9 systainers.....one being a sortainer. I went a little crazy this month buying festool. 3 weeks ago i owned 0 systainers. I wanted to buy all my festool stuff before the price jump on march 1st.

Great stuff! Needs an outfeed table PRONTO!!! ;)

Yup first project will be outfeed/assembly table then a workbench. Going to need electricity first which should go in monday. Ductwork on Tuesday. Can't wait to start making sawdust. So hard to look at these awesome machines and not be able to use them!!

Electrician just left, i am the proud owner of a new 100 amp sub panel. One step closer to cutting some wood! post-16857-142472622318_thumb.jpg

Its weird that most of the machines come wired with a plug and wire too small for the recommended breaker size. Its actually against code here and he went with different breaker sizes than recommended for some machines.

My hvac guy should be here tomorrow to install the duct work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have ducts! Its all 26g snaplock. It will do the trick. So much cheaper than spiral. 6 inch main and dropped to 5inch when we went vertical with a 5" blastgate. Reduced to 4" right after blast gate with a few feet of 4" flex to each machine. Cant wait to try it!!!! Just waiting for my roll of flexible to arrive.

Shop is now almost complete. Should get my jointer and router table this week. My planer is making its way cross border from tenessee so might take a little longer.

Just ordered a fuji minimite 3 and should receive that tomorrow!

Should be fully functional within a week! So excited!!

post-16857-142544056236_thumb.jpgpost-16857-142544056763_thumb.jpgpost-16857-142544057364_thumb.jpgpost-16857-142544057711_thumb.jpg

I hope it doesn't. Thats what oneida told me to put.....

That's good.   The pics just look to me like regular HVAC-style stuff and I've always read that it shouldn't be used for DC because the pressure is too much.  Maybe that's just paranoia.   Surely Oneida wouldn't recommend something without being fairly close to certain it will be ok (one would hope anyway).

That's good. The pics just look to me like regular HVAC-style stuff and I've always read that it shouldn't be used for DC because the pressure is too much. Maybe that's just paranoia. Surely Oneida wouldn't recommend something without being fairly close to certain it will be ok (one would hope anyway).

Ya it is regular hvac stuff, just stronger. It was my opinion that 26g snaplock from my hvac supplier or 26g snaplock for triple the price from oneida is still 26g. I got all the blast gates on and tested it and everything seemed fine. Its also a pretty weak system. Its only a 3hp.

One-third the price for the same thing is always a win. =)

Thats what i was thinking. Even better yet, it will probably cost me next to nothing, his labour is free and materials will be his cost IF he charges me anything. He is the hvac sub we have been using for 10 years on our housing project so he has made plenty of money over the years with us. So i figured let him do the job, provide the materials, i pay nothing and if it all goes to hell then i take it out and order some spiral. Nothing to lose really.....

I've recently done some research for my system but am surely no expert. First you're going to love not having to move flex hose from machine to machine. I read to avoid 28G big box pipe so I think you'll be fine with 26G. I don't know how well snaplock seals but I would run tape down every seam to make sure it's sealed. If the system doesn't perform how it should I would look at your 45's and 90's. They are a very tight radius which I read long-radius are much better for airflow and two 45's with a little pipe in between is better than a single 90. I also see you have three laterals in a row and have no idea if that matters. 

Maybe I'm just lucky but I got all my 6" spiral pipe for $16 for a 10' section locally. Pipe really isn't much of a factor in the cost of the ducting. Even though it covers probably 80% of the ducting, it was only 20% ($100 of $500) of the total cost. For my system, the 6x6x6 wyes and 6" blast where the biggest costs. 

I've learned a lot here during my shop build and try to pass that knowledge along when possible. Believe me, I was plenty jealous of others here working on cool projects while I was cutting OSB and rolling paint - so the jealousy goes both ways :)

I am working on projects finally in the new shop and just completed my outfeed table. I have some small projects going - table saw sleds, dog feeder, and shadow box. Starting small to transition my mind from construction work to woodworking. Then it's on to platform bed and Roubo - just don't know what order yet or in parallel. 

Mike- Sometimes the stuff you post scares me!

You build a pole barn, I build one too.

You Buy a new Table saw, I just got my Powermatic.

Here is where it gets really weird.

My next project is a shadow box!

I hope you hit the damn lottery.

Sorry to /derail. Nice shop Shaney! Lookin good!

I've recently done some research for my system but am surely no expert. First you're going to love not having to move flex hose from machine to machine. I read to avoid 28G big box pipe so I think you'll be fine with 26G. I don't know how well snaplock seals but I would run tape down every seam to make sure it's sealed. If the system doesn't perform how it should I would look at your 45's and 90's. They are a very tight radius which I read long-radius are much better for airflow and two 45's with a little pipe in between is better than a single 90. I also see you have three laterals in a row and have no idea if that matters.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I got all my 6" spiral pipe for $16 for a 10' section locally. Pipe really isn't much of a factor in the cost of the ducting. Even though it covers probably 80% of the ducting, it was only 20% ($100 of $500) of the total cost. For my system, the 6x6x6 wyes and 6" blast where the biggest costs.

Ya i agree i have some sealing to do. I will take the time to caulk and tape anything that I can see that would be problematic. I am hoping i will be fine with the 90s ans 45s that are there. The runs are so small he said it was fine. My garage is very small so longest run from my machine is around 22ft.

If i would have been able to get materials you got for that price it would have been a no brainer. I priced the spiral with the welded fittings at the place i bought my machine and it was around 2000$. I figured i would try the cheap route first and see how it goes.