Anybody want to turn some knobs?

Brendon_t

I recently won anot auction for a stanley 71 router plane on ebay. The body and cutters are there but the knobs are total crap. I don't own a lathe and don't know anybody with one so I'll throw it out to the group, if anybody feels like turning me a set of 2 knobs, please shoot me a pm. I'll happily pay for material and shipping. I'd just rather have some hand made than buy $12 Chinese replicas.

i would do it but with fixing up my new home and the move plus seting up a shop all my time has been taken up. i think this is a great opportunity  for you to buy a small cheap lathe or get one off craigslist and learn to turn some basic stuff.  when i need a new handle or a nob it has come in handy. plus you can make some realy great projects. 

Those knobs have a screw all the way through the middle. You could drill a blank and run a bolt thru , use a small washer and 2 nuts on each side, cut the head off the bolt and chuck it in the drill press. Use the slowest speed and a rasp, then file, then sandpaper

You've got the crap knobs to use as a pattern.

i would do it but with fixing up my new home and the move plus seting up a shop all my time has been taken up. i think this is a great opportunity for you to buy a small cheap lathe or get one off craigslist and learn to turn some basic stuff.

I actually know how to turn. I just have zero place for a lathe. They are handy, and a lot of fun, but space isn't something I can manufacture.

I actually know how to turn. I just have zero place for a lathe. They are handy, and a lot of fun, but space isn't something I can manufacture.

the lathe is the one tool i will always have my favorite part about the lathe is the amount of space it takes up.  i could set it up in a shed like  i have now, a basement corner a small part of the garage just need a small table or bench to set it on.  but i can understand the lack of space. 

• 4 months later...

the lathe is the one tool i will always have my favorite part about the lathe is the amount of space it takes up.  i could set it up in a shed like  i have now, a basement corner a small part of the garage just need a small table or bench to set it on.  but i can understand the lack of space. 

I set up a lean too off shed to house mine Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk