Shop build (I hope)

Jim DaddyO

I will have to work around a few things for a bit.  The electric won't be so bad as it is not a big wiring job.  The insulation on the other hand.  Well I always planned to do that in bits and pieces as I go along, so it is a job I will pick away away at bit by bit.  Yes, it would be easier to have done it all before move in, but right now I need a functional space so I can make it a more functional space...if you catch my drift.  I was doing the tools no favours by keeping them in that humidity trap of a tent.  So take from one end to put it on the other.  To me, it is a willing compromise.

Well, the doors are finally built and in.  What a huge job.  If anyone ever asks you to make a couple of doors for them, make sure you double the hours you think it is going to take into account....lol.  They work great though, and I walked over them a bunch of times while they had minimal support above the floor, very little sag.  

DSC_8079_zpsksifqt73.jpg

DSC_8077_zpso9oiweaa.jpg

I have most of it recorded in my blog....a bit long to go all through it here.  Lots more photos of the build too.

Spent the day organizing and moving things around......for the third time.  Gotta get this space functional so I can zero in on where I want the outlets.  I think it is getting close.  Some stuff is still temporary because I am not making big built ins until the walls are done.

DSC_8087_zpswvjkwj9p.jpg

DSC_8082_zpsullbjeqd.jpg

DSC_8080_zpsst8dbkac.jpg

You'll probably shift things around a hundred more times as well..  Point being to try to think of future upgrades and possible changes.  I'd also suggest an outlet or 2 in the ceiling.  There's lots of times I wish I had pull down cords above my work station. 

Looking awesome!

• Like 1