Shop build (I hope)

Jim DaddyO

Had a couple of beer today.  Right after I got my neighbour to come over and help put the last of the soffit done on the gable end overhangs.  Good thing he is OK with ladders, I am not....lol.  I like the way it turned out with a couple of extra little trim pieces.  The road ahead is clear to do the rest of the siding now.

I also bought stain today on sale.  I got my green!  Not barn green paint, a semi transparent dark green stain called "loon collar".  Seems fitting if you look at my logo.  I say it was meant to be.  I got enough to put 2 coats on all the siding after it is up.

DSC_8123_zpsdmgq7zex.jpg

• Like 1

We didn't really like any of the browns they had.  The house has a wood with grain coloured siding, and everything they had was just far enough off of the house colour that it would not look nice.  I think the green will make it blend in with the background nicely.  Time will tell.

Well, I don't have room to put all the siding to dry.  It takes 24 hours between coats, so 18 pieces of siding, staining one a day (all I have room for) would take me over a month and waste a lot of stain cleaning up every day.  Good idea if you have the space, but it is just not in the cards.

All the siding is in the shop now.  I was afraid of it all turning into potato chips with the rain (now it is hot and humid).  Not much room in there now, but I picked up some 1x6 for the door/window trim and got a coat on that.

DSC_8125_zpsqafm7ha4.jpg

I hope I can clear out a lot of stuff in the next while.  All the stuff we have allotted to the yard sale is in there too.  Just waiting on a neighbour to pick a date for it.

Once the trim is done (technical difficulties have occurred .....lol) I will be taking it out one piece at a time and attaching it to the shop.  I had it laying flat on the floor, not a good idea if you want to move around!  It will be used up eventually and is the next thing on the list, so it is handy right there.

You guys keeping up?

Turns out the triple window width, with trim, is just over 8' long, and that is the length of my stock. So the solution is this. I will be the same on the triple window and door.

DSC_8146_zpsujlmjdfc.jpg

Good solution. Saves you from having to buy more trim. Looking good!