Shop build (I hope)

Jim DaddyO

You need a fridge in there and a deck chair to relax after wrestling with the cladding all day!

Electrical work should be starting in a week or so.  I got hold of an electrician so I can get some advise, he should be calling back today.  In the mean time, I have to stain and put up some bits of trim....frieze boards and corners mostly.  Not sure about the fridge yet though.  I have to get the inside finished before everything finds a convenient/permanent home in there.

Got the fist coat on 2 sides.  It's going to look great once the second coat and trim are done.  Got too hot to continue, but lots of time for that.  The pool felt great afterwards.

DSC_8160_zpsocgcfeqs.jpg

Sally bought some big marshmallows, the dog won't eat them but thinks they're a neat toy.

DSC_8155_zpsotmk51qy.jpg

Well, we have the first coat on all 4 sides now.  Next is starting the trim.  After that is up, a second coat.

In other news, the laundry centre decided it wanted to be a dancer and left parts and rusty metal and water all over the place.  We had to go out and get a new set and that was the budget for the electrical work.  I will pick away at it a bit with what I have on hand, but it won't get hooked up until next year.  So I will have to maintain working with an extension cord from the house for a while.

DSC_8162_zpszepp8bw2.jpg

DSC_8163_zpsvwpu7tdu.jpg

About $35 worth of construction grade spruce 1 x 4 ripped to width and 2 coats of stain.  Trim is drying and I will be ready to start putting it up soon.  I will still have to do touch ups on it when I cut it to length, but the "show" sides are pretty much done. 

I guess the picture posting days are done.  The site won't take large files any more.  There used to be an option to not have them "on" the site yet still post them.....progress I guess.

Edited by Jim DaddyO
trying to post photos from photobucket, no success yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am slowly starting to re arrange the inside.  I got some insulation and put it in, along with vapour barrier then sheathed it with OSB.  I build a "quick and dirty" storage cabinet and it holds a lot.  I sized it to a tote that has to in it, then put in a shelf, loaded it, and then built the next shelf up when I knew the height I needed.  I had 1 sheet of OSB left over, and was wondering where I was going to store it.  I had a just enough insulation to get the sheet up around the window.  A bit of paint, still waiting to dry and I can put everything back.  Then I can start of a face frame and door for the storage cabinet.  The white makes a huge difference.

DSC_8245_zpsnj20cqra.jpg

• Like 2

.........and another one done.  I got it edited down to a nice bite sized chunk I think.  It's pretty neat to be trying to learn this.  I hope others start too.....you can't have too much woodworking on You Tube.  I have a camera worth about $40 and a tri pod.  So, it can be a relatively cheap hobby, and it meshes so nice with other hobbies too.

Enjoy!