10 minute CEILING fishing rod holder.

Brendon_t

While on a conference call, I decided to do something about my fishing rod issue. I had one rack on the wall that was over flowing and didn't fit the big blue water rigs.

two 5" by 40" strips of birch ply, two forsner bits and the band saw 45 degree slide. Super easy, tales the rods off the wall, corner and floor.

Now I just need one more....

These are hanging from the garage rafters. That should clarify

Right on, I get it now.

I need to do something with my rods.  I mostly just fly fish anymore so my baitcasters and spinning rigs have been whittled down to just a few...and my fly rods stay in their tubes for the most part.  But they are scattered about the basement something ugly.  I did sell all my tying materials so that opened up about a hundred cubic yards of space down there. :wacko:

Damn you've got a lot of fishing poles! I only use one at a time, I usually take 2 but I never use the second one... If I use the ultra light, I get bass, if I use the medium, I get bluegills?

That's funny.  Here's a similar issue:  I am 49 getting old.  I have been fishing since I was able to hold a pole.  I've been offshore sportfishing, done tournament bass fishing, shark, marlin, sailfish, swordfish, I even raised what I think was a Manta ray to the surface once (yes I cut that line).  fly fishing, baitcasting, spinning, hook and bobber, you name it.  I have NEVER caught a catfish.  You can bait my hook, cast my pole, set it in a rod holder in front of me and I still won't catch one.  I can be in a group of 10 people, 9 will get a stringer and I will get skunked.

When I was down off Cabo we had some heavy rigs out and a few light ones up top for Mahi-Mahi.  Of course the Marlin hit the light rigs.

Durned fish.