Automatic dust collection

Dnorris1369

Anyone have experience with any kind of automated dust collection? I have seen the grngate one and this is the kind I'm looking. Something where you can just turn the machine on and go to work. I plan on using 6inch ducting system( metal ducting probably ). Thanks in advance for any info. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For a small-tool (4” inlet) hobby shop, GrnGate is an interesting offering. I don’t know much about it, nor do I know anyone with their system.  Due to the thin information available, it’s been widely surmised that it’s a derivative design of the EcoGate system for the small hobby-shop.

I do have experience with EcoGate and can provide a level of guidance. There’s far more to the setup than just cycling the DC and opening/closing gates – these systems can manage duty cycle, energy consumption (by varying the DC’s HP), DC operational cost, etc... I’d start by gathering system info from EcoGate’s website... If you want some specific info, you can PM me.

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/LRGATE5.html

this is the  most affordable i found out there but decided that for the cost i would rather just walk over and open my gate.  only 20 bucks for the gate but when you add it a dozen or so machines it starts getting pricey. 

yup I hear ya.   I just spend 300 bucks on a second festool hose and fitting so I wouldn't have to reach down and switch a hose out a few times per project.

I know festool. Suposed to be a game changer for things like dominos and dust collection but 300 for a length off plastic hose is too much.  I think there is a couple of guys in a bar saying I bet I can sell this bolt for 70 bucks and the other guy is saying I bet I can sell this hose for 300.

• Like 2

I know festool. Suposed to be a game changer for things like dominos and dust collection but 300 for a length off plastic hose is too much.  I think there is a couple of guys in a bar saying I bet I can sell this bolt for 70 bucks and the other guy is saying I bet I can sell this hose for 300.

yup, I got hosed!

I have four of the iVac automated gates and they are working great.  Here is the link: http://www.infinitytools.com/iVac-Automated-Blast-Gate/products/1938/  

Pricey but damn it is sooooo nice not to have to open and shut gates every time I move from one machine to the other.  I don't get a ton of free time to work in my shop so when I do, I love to get as much done as possible and these gates save me lots of time every time I am in my shop.

Jim

I have four of the iVac automated gates and they are working great.  Here is the link: http://www.infinitytools.com/iVac-Automated-Blast-Gate/products/1938/  

Pricey but damn it is sooooo nice not to have to open and shut gates every time I move from one machine to the other.  I don't get a ton of free time to work in my shop so when I do, I love to get as much done as possible and these gates save me lots of time every time I am in my shop.

Jim

Jim are those a hundred bucks a piece?

these gates save me lots of time every time I am in my shop.

Jim

They'd be convenient for sure but "lots of time" is a bit of an exaggeration.  Opening and closing gates over the course of a day probably amounts to the time it requires to take a leak.  Have one less cup of coffee and you're even money.

• Like 1