Burning the Handtool Cabinet

..Kev

15 hours ago, TIODS said:

Here's the bench..

To keep it honest, I can't take credit for the build.  A good friend of mine built it in exchange for most of the hand-me-down tools that have left my shop and been replaced.  It is built to my specs and I supplied all the lumber and hardware but, he did the work.

The top is 100% a roubo.  From there, it's per my design.  Overall, I'm super happy! 

QglFlK.jpg

That's all we get?  No more base construction pics? 

1 minute ago, TIODS said:

The base was built about 10 years ago..  I don't think I have any pics of that build..

Didn't mean construction as in building.  More of detailed pictures to show how the thing is set up to interact with the tops, drawers, and trestle like foot.

6 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Didn't mean construction as in building.  More of detailed pictures to show how the thing is set up to interact with the tops, drawers, and trestle like foot.

I can try to snag a few more pics of that stuff..

Per Brendon's request, here's some boring pictures ;)

The important part is that the top is flat!

QE2s2a.jpg

Being about a 10 year old base, a fair share of retro fitting was required.  The legs were notched so that a cross brace could be installed to attach the top.

zAqiV9.jpg

And of course I put the wheels on it..

IbjPGL.jpg

And here's the chop before any of the holes were drilled in it..

HG0N08.jpg

I was able to pop in and help him a bit here and there between the work travel so, really didn't get a lot of pictures along the way. 

Got the CT all set up today with an "al la Pug" swing arm.  The standard boom arm just wasn't going to fit nicely in the space.

That should finish up the space for now..

GVNQcQ.jpg

I think what we need is a picture of all three of your ct's all next to each other

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk