Darrell Peart G&G books

I'm looking to get some ideas for a Greene and Greene hall table I want to build. This would be my first piece in the G&G style. I notice there are two of Darrell Peart's books that are highly recommended and even heavily referenced in these forums. Has anyone read both? Are they that different? Any preference for one over the other? Thanks!!

Greene & Greene: Design Elements for the Workshop

In the Greene & Greene Style: Projects and Details for the Woodworker

I'm late to the conversation here, was busy teaching a SketchUp class last week. The Gamble House entry hall table is in my book. I just posted the Table of Contents from "Shop Drawings for Greene & Greene Furniture" on my site, here is a link. I'm fortunate to have met Darrell after being online buddies for several years. Both of his books are excellent, as are his classes and of course, his work.

As a side note, when you buy a woodworking book your dollars do a lot more good when you buy it directly from the author. Yes you can get it cheaper on Amazon, but when you do Amazon gets most of the money, followed by the publisher. The author is last in line and gets the smallest piece of the pie. The difference is significant and it is greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:02 PM, Bob Lang said:

I'm late to the conversation here, was busy teaching a SketchUp class last week. The Gamble House entry hall table is in my book. I just posted the Table of Contents from "Shop Drawings for Greene & Greene Furniture" on my site, here is a link. I'm fortunate to have met Darrell after being online buddies for several years. Both of his books are excellent, as are his classes and of course, his work.

As a side note, when you buy a woodworking book your dollars do a lot more good when you buy it directly from the author. Yes you can get it cheaper on Amazon, but when you do Amazon gets most of the money, followed by the publisher. The author is last in line and gets the smallest piece of the pie. The difference is significant and it is greatly appreciated.

Bob, I just received mine today and from first observation, it's a beautifully done book. And signed by the author!!! Thanks