My Oasis

Janello

15 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I need to change my wife's pool liner next year if you don't mind me asking what was the pattern you went with?

Garret liners and the pattern is Rosseta Tile / Ripple 

One thing I learned is my old liner had a white back. When the liner pattern eventually fades the white back will give off no color at all...bland! 

This liner had one of the darkest blue backs of all the choices I looked at. Not as dark as the front but still nice and blue. I went with 20 mil bottom 27 mil walls.

13 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Very nice, John. How big is your lot?

one acre.

Very nice John.  I'd spend most of my time back there!!!  We are hoping to begin our big deck build next year.  My goal for my 60th birthday is a huge bash with my friends, all three of them, after which we will be installing my hot tub - LOL.  Really, awesome space John.

• Like 1

For those considered a liner, the state you live in might make a difference in color choice.  Our Boy Scout summer camp put a blue liner in the pool.  The last time I was there, air temps were in the high 90's that week, and the water got too hot to allow the boys to swim in the pool.  I never ended up going back to that camp, so I'm not sure if they ever changed it or not.  They never had a problem when it was white tile and concrete.

On 7/22/2016 at 0:08 PM, Mike. said:

I was just busting your balls.  A pool makes more sense in St Louis than Chicago, but in both cases it sits idle most of the year.  A hot tub on the other hand....

We have a hot tub we bought a couple years ago.  I'd trade it for a pool in a heartbeat.  I'd probably try, too, but our back yard is sloped too much to make it feasible.