Walnut Armoire/closet extension

Pwk5017

I like the figured piece. I wasn't suggesting a frame and panel drawer front. I was suggesting a quickie frame to visualize which parts of the figured board to include and which to cut off. Sometimes the best appearance is not parallel to the current edges, skewed one way or the other may look much better.

If you can get the straight grain piece finished to match the door frames it would be a safe way to go. "A ship in a harbor is safe but that's not what ships are built for.."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I think the delim a is not what you use but where you locate them. I know where you shouldn't put them and ruin the effect! Remember, these are knobs we're talking about, not nips;). You could take out every other partition and use them for lacy bras! Sorry, got caught up in the moment. Great looking build!

On 1/10/2017 at 9:07 PM, Pwk5017 said:

I told her they will be wood and that is that. Now to decide what they will look like...

What about twine?? :ph34r:

As per wdwerker oiled bronze might work well - would certainly look classic.

Or you could go for 'soul-patch asian' inspired handles as you mentioned before.

Final suggestion (based on an antique wardrobe my Grandfather had) - tapered elipse/stretched oval handles - think they're pewter on the antique but you could go for wood with dowel fitting?