Planer Stand for Dewalt 735

bushwacked

Finally back in the shop after being sick the last 2 weeks. Had a quick visit so only got the drawer sides cutout and the drawer slides installed.

acc9c059e5eef331cb077ed0a191fc90.jpg

c7ab520c2a3df22d4e9ecb985639b6c8.jpg

I only went with 2 drawers. I figured two 10" would fit that better than a 10" and 2 5" or something weird like that.

Also am now in the market for a good circular saw due to a few space issues breaking down this last sheet of plywood.

I was thinking this ...

Makita 5007MGA Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Electric Brake https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RQ68V2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JB5kybQ8PF4T8

Thoughts?

progress is progress whatever way you look at it, nice work and glad to hear you're back in the shop. i have a Skilsaw worm drive magnesium with the blade on the left, i'm right handed so the blade is visible most of the time when I'm making a cut, it is a heavy beast but i haven't found anything it won't cut.

progress is progress whatever way you look at it, nice work and glad to hear you're back in the shop. i have a Skilsaw worm drive magnesium with the blade on the left, i'm right handed so the blade is visible most of the time when I'm making a cut, it is a heavy beast but i haven't found anything it won't cut.

Very true and thanks!

Ok I'll look into that as well.

Glad to see you back in the shop Drew!  I have that circ saw and it's been good to me although, I don't use it much.

Thanks! Being sick suuuucks! Especially when your coworker gives it to you on a work trip.

Stock blade good enough?

BW have you considered implementing fold down infeed and outfeed support?  

I'm about to upgrade to a 735 from my delta and that's the plan. 

No I haven't really thought about making my own. I am planning on buying the infeed and outfeed tables that are built for it. Figure they will be good enough and haven't heard much bad about them.

10 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

No I haven't really thought about making my own. I am planning on buying the infeed and outfeed tables that are built for it. Figure they will be good enough and haven't heard much bad about them.

I haven't heard anything bad about them either but I figured 18"  tables would give better support.

@bushwacked, I use a Makita 18V saw, with a Freud Diablo blade installed - in combination with a Bora guide rail and it's worked perfectly. The versatility of working wirelessly if you want to rip big sheets down is great. It's also done many BF of walnut etc with no problems. Slow and steady and I always feel I have complete control. I also had a great big blue Bosch (can't remember the model nr) but it just gathered dust after the Makita arrived so I sold it. Have had many years of use out of it now. I do have the Festool track saw which is great, but for quick cuts the Makita is fantastic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...