Little upgrade for me (new drill and driver)

Nyles

Have always had ryobi stuff and for the most part been happy.  Biggest differences I ever saw between higher end drills were in the battery life.  However the batteries were cheap so it was no biggie to always have a few so one could be charging.  I used this stuff for work and home and being an electrician for 10 years these ryobi drills saw thier fair share of use and abuse.  I think I went through two of them in that time and currently am on my third.  However this last one finally has started giving me signs that its giving up the ghost and most of my current nicad batteries have seen better days.

Mention to my girlfriend a few months or so ago that I wanted to pick up a new drill and check out the lithium ion stuff but that I didnt want to go with ryobi this go round cause their lithium ion stuff didnt feel well made like thier older blue and orange stuff.

She suprised me a last month with a new hitachi drill which seems a bit nicer than the newer ryobi stuff and probably is fairly comparable in build quality to the older ryobi stuff and its lithium ion.  

The little sucker seemed lonely so I picked up a companion for him today at lowes.

Guess I have a reason to build a nice charging/drill station now.

20170202_182240.jpg

• Like 1

I like the Hitachi stuff for its price point. Their plunge router is pretty decent, too. I recently purchased a Dewalt corded screw gun for a DIY drywall job. It lasted 8 screws before the variable speed quit varying. No direct exchange available, so I picked the less expensive Hitachi. It has a nice long power cord (Dewalt, not so much), and spins screws like a boss.

• Like 1