Bosch GSR18V-EC FC2 FlexiClick Drill and 18v 4.0 AH Wireless Battery Review

TerryMcK

Excellent review, as usual, Terry.

I recently bought a new Bosch drill and I considered a similar one, without the wireless option. I wanted something really compact, able to fit in my toolbox and only powerful enough for the small holes I drill most of the time on wood. I ended up buying the Bosch GSR 1000 (http://www.bosch-professional.com/africa/en/cordless-drilldriver-gsr-1000-227129-06019f4020.html)

cordless-drilldriver-gsr-1000-99821-99821.jpg.0fa9eb7addb57fe6127165de53238c94.jpg

The battery is built-in (non removable), the charger is no bigger than an old style cell phone charger, single speed, no settings whatsoever, it is tiny, but it gets the job done 99% of the time I need to drill on wood. And it's cheap for a "blue" Bosch.

This drill is just a drill/driver. Bosch do make an impact driver which takes these batteries but I haven't tried that one yet.

The short body on the basic unit threw me off. I thought that was a separate unit from the drill. That'll teach me to read more carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've got a bunch (around 6 or 7)of the 12 v Bosch drills and drivers.The brushless drill is lighter and stronger . The 12v impact driver has run 4 & 5" screws for me with no problem.  I just ordered the 12v jigsaw and the biggest 12v battery they make for it (4 amp). I will let y'all know how it works out.

The 18 v is a strong future possibility, thanks for the info Terry !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wdwerker said:

The 18 v is a strong future possibility, thanks for the info Terry !

Always happy to help Steve. The 4Ah battery lasts a long time. I was able to drill a lot of pocket holes into bb ply prob 200+  (I'm making a bunch of shop furniture) and drive the screws all on one charge. The recharge time was about 20 minutes.

• Like 1