GoFundMe

Coop

13 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

You better get to church, drop some coin (maybe need a real Gofundme) in the collection basket, and get on your knees and start praying every spare minute and it may just happen. The guy upstairs can be tough.

Dang iPhone spell check.   Hahaha

• Like 1

What about gofundme's close relative Patreon?

Do you donate just for the value received? Or do you give to content producers' Patreon campaigns because you assume the content is a financial burden and you want to help? If a content producer were already netting, say $200,000+ per year from other revenue streams would you still give? 

I am curious how people feel.   Patreon is a newer, "voluntary" revenue model for folks.  it sort of implies that the recipient is in a tough spot financially, and some content producers are certainly bootstrapping.  But there are the top x% who still use it.   I find it a little bothersome but not sure why.  I guess I am old school and would rather pay a fair fee for a service without questioning my morality or the morality of the recipient.   Patreon has this martyrdom thing I don't like. 

2 hours ago, Mike. said:

What about gofundme's close relative Patreon?

Do you donate just for the value received? Or do you give to content producers' Patreon campaigns because you assume the content is a financial burden and you want to help? If a content producer were already netting, say $200,000+ per year from other revenue streams would you still give? 

I amcurious on how people feel.   Patreon is a newer, "voluntary" revenue model for folks.  it sort of implies that the recipient is in a tough spot financially, and some content producers are certainly bootstrapping.  But there are the top x% who still use it.   I find it a little bothersome but not sure why.  I guess I am old school and would rather pay a fair fee for a service without questioning my morality or the morality of the recipient.   Patreon has this martyrdom thing I don't like. 

Mike I give to content producers on Patreon because I enjoy the content produced. I see it as an alternative to directv in many ways which I spend a heck of a lot more to have. I view them as self employed business folks who provide a service just like I do to my clients and I am more than happy to support them. I hope the folks I support are making $200,000+ per year and as long as the content produced is the quality I expect and enjoy I will continue to pay for their service. I wish a couple other folks that I have learned from would start Patreon pages so I could throw a few bucks their way as well.

• Like 1