Oak Coffee Table India Ink

Glenn Siegel

11 minutes ago, Adam Campbell said:

Hey Glenn, I think Lester was asking, as I was, what methods did you use to do the joining/fastening?  

wood screws under the slats I have a 1" x 6" piece with holes, I'll take a picture  and post it.  I made it this way so it can be taken apart this weighs a ton.

9 hours ago, Adam Campbell said:

Looks real nice Glenn.  How are you securing the top to the sides?

Adam, the top will be a 30" x 57" slab of granite, the granite should weigh around 200 lbs.  I'll put some gripper strips on the top of the wood sides.  I believe this should hold it in place.... 

Now it all makes sense. Even a pic (the first one posted) didn't help this old guy as I thought you had it upside down with the slats being on top and then you were putting the granite on top of the slats. That's cool, it just took me a while:wacko:!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 9:14 AM, Unknown craftsman said:

I like the design too it's not easy to get a even black.Ive tried and I ain't trying anymore.

Im a little bit concerned about the granite not having enough support in the middle. Esp if someone sits there 

Im not a granite scientist so I'm just going by gut.

Good luck

The India Ink was easy to apply and came out great IMO.  I have thought about that, the guy that dropped off the granite didn't say a thing, he did try and lift the piece up TRY...