What happened to me?

Bankstick

On 9/17/2017 at 11:00 AM, shaneymack said:

But does it resize the pics for you?

On 9/17/2017 at 3:47 PM, C Shaffer said:

Test of a 24mp NEF photo. No issues. Yup, band nerd  

My experience is that photos are not resized by the forum software or at least it does not work well consistently.  

I use my phone for these pictures so my work around is to text the picture to myself.  That gets image resized.  I then save the texted picture and upload that resized picture to my post.

Bit of pain, but it works.

9 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

That's odd. I'm a big fan of imgur.com   for hosting images. I've been using them for 5 years and really dig it. There's a resizing option during upload that'll take care of it with a simple click or two.

Yeah I like imgur too...but I'm waiting for the day that they go the way of photobucket and overnight decide to charge you $300/year for third party hosting.  I used photobucket for like five or six years and then suddenly...poof...gone.  Total PITA moving everything to another host.  I still probably have a thousand images in this forum with broken links.  Thanks photobucket.

Interesting thought, maybe it is the up load and not the resize that's failing. Has the same effect, though.  

I have the same problem on my WiFi or on the LTE network, but I have about 5 MB/sec at home.  Still this is not that big a file.

I'll have to experiment on another network.