Rubber band chuck

Mark J

1 hour ago, thatCharlieDude said:

Great idea! Where'd you find the wide rubberbands?

The cloth medical tape works well too. It's flexible and grips well. 

Just ordinary 1/4 x 3 inch rubberbands lieing around the house.  

Does the cloth tape stretch or do you apply it to the turned piece?

Wait a sec.... I keep s some what messy shop..... but is that a can of finish on it's side??   Hmmm...

And that chuck is way too shiny... need to get some finish stuck to it :).  I'd say it's new just from the box being there, but I still have my boxes for holding the parts and pieces that come with it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marmotjr said:

Wait a sec.... I keep s some what messy shop..... but is that a can of finish on it's side??   Hmmm...

And that chuck is way too shiny... need to get some finish stuck to it :).  I'd say it's new just from the box being there, but I still have my boxes for holding the parts and pieces that come with it.

Yeah, I need to spend some quality time putting stuff away.  And yes I keep all the chuck jaws and stuff in the box, and yes the chuck is new enough it doesn't have another home.

57 minutes ago, Marmotjr said:

A fellow only needs one mamma and one wife:D

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2017 at 6:16 PM, thatCharlieDude said:

Great idea! Where'd you find the wide rubberbands?

I wanted to order some big rubber bands to use for clamping small boxes together, and came across this:

https://www.rubberband.com/about-us/rubber-bands-size-chart

That's when I learned about the number system for rubber band sizes.   1/4" x 3" is a #63...   Looks like that size might be common for bundling Asparagus based on my amazon search. :-)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Minnesota Steve said:

I wanted to order some big rubber bands to use for clamping small boxes together, and came across this:

https://www.rubberband.com/about-us/rubber-bands-size-chart

That's when I learned about the number system for rubber band sizes.   1/4" x 3" is a #63...   Looks like that size might be common for bundling Asparagus based on my amazon search. :-)

There's a rubberband website!!! cool! Thanks!

On 9/30/2017 at 7:52 AM, thatCharlieDude said:

Doesn't look like their shopping page works. 

You can find their products on amazon.com... Just search for something like 'rubberband #62' :-)

Fun silly story.   Years ago the place I worked, the office manager ordered 1 box of rubberbands from the office supply catalog.  And we got 1 box of rubber bands... It was a 20" x 20" x 12" box and contained just over 100 bags of rubber bands.    Needless to say the office made a lot of rubberband balls that year. :-)