Wooden Illusion

mtairymd

3 minutes ago, mtairymd said:

You're on to something :)

Unfair advantage.  Dad was an eye-doc.  Growing up we were exposed to more than our fair share of optical oddities.  Lines, textual, graphics, physical; all sorts of stuff. It is fun to play with how the mind works and how we perceive the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

Unfair advantage.  Dad was an eye-doc.  Growing up we were exposed to more than our fair share of optical oddities.  Lines, textual, graphics, physical; all sorts of stuff. It is fun to play with how the mind works and how we perceive the world.

Yes it is.  There are a few others online that I haven't figured out yet.  I expect a couple use photo manipulation to get the final result. 

3 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

the fact that we have a blind spot still amazes me. Also i like how curved lines can really mess with our perception of what is strait.

Yeah, it took me a while to get the camera angle correct.  There are a few large scale penrose triangles around the world.  I assume as part of the exhibit, they tell you where to stand to take pictures.

As for materials, this was trial and error approach.  With that, only 2x4s were used :).