Videos vs Projects

Coop

3 hours ago, I B said:

I'm not really into watching videos all that much. To be honest, I almost solely access this site with my phone and I'd rather scroll through 200 pictures than watch a 2 minute video. Make a few gifs of the best parts if you've got a cool video. Unless it's an instructional type of thing, even then, make a few gifs of the good parts.

Les, what app do you use to convert your videos to the GIF format?

I noticed, but I thought they just did away with the Projects section. What happened to all the posts that were in that section? I posted there more than in the Journals section because I almost always forget to photograph or video the step by step as I go.

10 minutes ago, Mick S said:

I noticed, but I thought they just did away with the Projects section. What happened to all the posts that were in that section? I posted there more than in the Journals section because I almost always forget to photograph or video the step by step as I go.

Marc did a post on this a bit ago. The projects and showcase got combined. All of the posts that were in each are now all in the Journals group.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, I B said:

I used to use Photoshop but some years back I found a program called GifCam. It's completely standalone, doesn't install, runs right from the exe. It's got lots of cool features for editing and it's extremely easy to use. It's the best thing I've found for gifs, hands down.

http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Here's the download link. http://www.bahraniapps.com/apps/gifcam/gifcam.php

Very easy to use. I need to play with the settings, but here's my first video (from one of my Youtube videos):

GIF.gif.8ed65506a4543032775a43b9c3112832.gif

Thanks again Les, your the man!

• Like 1