from Oklahoma City

41woodie

I've always done small woodworking projects as well as building my own home.  My current project is repair and restoration of my 1941 Ford Woodie Station Wagon.  I'm retired from the restaurant business and enjoy my old car, flyfishing and travel.  Looking forward to gaining insights and valuable advice to help with getting my old car back on the road.  The photo was taken in September 2017 when we were leaving to drive the car from Oklahoma to San Diego for the Wavecrest Woodie Meet.

21686092_10210770069033899_5743316108723758145_n.jpg

• Like 1

Chet thanks for the comment, our trip was in September of last year.  The long drive, vibration, bumps etc loosened a lot of old joints and repairs that I'm trying to correct before driving season this year.  To answer your question we were able to travel some short stretches of old 66 but made the trip in 2 1/2 days each way and had vacationed in the past along a lot of the route so didn't take much in the way of side trips this time.

That is a classic!!!!  I remember when they were new.  We drove to Little Rock last summer.  I-40 was so bad, I thought I would have to go to the dentist to get my fillings replaced.  That will bring out any loose parts in a vehicle.

Joke:  Two guys bought a woodie and tore off all the wood.  After they were done, one guy said, "You know, it looked better in the crate."

43 minutes ago, 41woodie said:

I've always done small woodworking projects as well as building my own home.  My current project is repair and restoration of my 1941 Ford Woodie Station Wagon.  I'm retired from the restaurant business and enjoy my old car, flyfishing and travel.  Looking forward to gaining insights and valuable advice to help with getting my old car back on the road.  The photo was taken in September 2017 when we were leaving to drive the car from Oklahoma to San Diego for the Wavecrest Woodie Meet.

21686092_10210770069033899_5743316108723758145_n.jpg

Welcome. I used to live in Edmond/Deer Creek. Can't place the neighborhood ... pretty flat ... looks N or NW side of the city. Am I close?

10 minutes ago, collinb said:

Welcome. I used to live in Edmond/Deer Creek. Can't place the neighborhood ... pretty flat ... looks N or NW side of the city. Am I close?

We live east of Tinker in a small neighborhood.  Prior to that we owned a livery stable in old downtown Guthrie that was converted into a home/shop

• Like 1