Chestnut

CT Vac & Miter Saw

Has any one read the fine print on their CT Vac and noticed that the auto outlet is only rated for 3.7A - 9.1A (only when set at it's lowest suction setting). I know people use their miter saw plugged into the vac but is this advisable? I want to someday buy a CT vac for my miter saw, to have a dedicated one for it, and it would be nice to have the auto on feature. How many of you have used high amperage devices on your CT vac? (of2200, kapex, other miter saw, ect) Have any of you had issues with breakers or anything else?

I have the CT midi hooked up to my 12" Bosch Glide and haven't had any problems.  Two and and a half years now.   I think one thing to remember is that you aren't running the saw for a long time.  You trigger the saw, make a cut and then the saw is off, almost before the amps realize you were there.  And you aren't powering up the saw under load.  I think that if you were to leave the  saw running for a long time, say equivalent to a sanding session, then you might see a problem.

Silly of me, now that i think about it the TS75 draws 13.6 amps and I've cut some 2" thick hardwood slabs with it. That's probably more amps over a longer period than a miter saw would see.

Still interested in peoples experiences. I just didn't want to do this and end up damaging the vac and voiding the warranty if/when i do this.

I have cut 5/4 oak 14 ft rips with my TS75 almost all day with it plugged into my CT26 and had no problems. Might run a separate cord in the future.

I only tripped the breaker once using my CT 26, and it was because I had 3 small space heaters plugged in.  Otherwise I have never had an issue.

2 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

I only tripped the breaker once using my CT 26, and it was because I had 3 small space heaters plugged in.  Otherwise I have never had an issue.

YOU HAD 3 SPACE HEATERS PLUGGED INTO YOUR CT VAC! :P

lol Acctually that's a good indicator of how little draw the vac has then. 3 heaters and 1 vac is a lot for a single breaker.

On 25/01/2018 at 5:04 PM, Woodenskye said:

But why...? :huh:

54 minutes ago, SawDustB said:

But why...? :huh:

Because I had too much on the circuit, probably my biggest issue is the electric needs an upgrade, but my electrician indicated it would be really expensive to have brought to house, new panel and wiring.  

23 hours ago, Chestnut said:

YOU HAD 3 SPACE HEATERS PLUGGED INTO YOUR CT VAC! :P

lol Acctually that's a good indicator of how little draw the vac has then. 3 heaters and 1 vac is a lot for a single breaker.

Add in lights and using TS55.