Cheap 36" Northfield bandsaw

Tom King

7 hours ago, krtwood said:

"Christ Driven Industrial Solutions"  Guess Jesus isn't much of a forklift operator.  

lmfao this made me bust out laughing in my office!

Can you imagine the moment that thing fell? Ive had some heavy tools dangling off liftgates 4' in the air, but nothing like that band saw. a 12" jointer or 20" italian bandsaw are toys next to that thing. Worst of all, it comically breaks in half after hitting the ground. On a somewhat serious note, isnt this thing completely shot? I dont know how you repair the main spine of the saw and have it still tension a blade to the degree that saw is supposed to. Im sure northfield would make you another spine for $38,000. i have respect for what they do out of that factory, but the prices make absolutely no sense to me. 

Northfield can fix it, but I don't see a replacement spine on their bandsaw parts page, and I don't think ereplacementparts.com carries Northfield parts:D.   The last time I looked, a new saw like that was 27k.    I've seen good used ones for sale for $2,500, and regret the one I hesitated on.   I'd worry a wheel might be bent on that one too.

http://www.northfieldwoodworking.com/repairparts/bandsawparts/bandsawsparts.htm