SuperMax sale and question ?

wdwerker

I just got an email that AcmeTools has a 10% off sale on all SuperMax, free freight too. Only good today and tomorrow 31st. My question is does anyone have the folding tables ? I had the infeed/outfeed tables on my original sander and won't be without them. But the footprint of the 19/38 is a tight fit where I park it.  If the folding tables work well I will drop the $$ but I can find any reviews or even a video that shows them in operation.

My frequently referred to buddy, Carl, has the folding tables on his. The folding action is nice, but he has had some issues with the tracking guides on the tables. Seems that they've added what look like UHMW or similar plastic channels that the belt drive runs through on the bottom outfeed side. His have been problematic - out of alignment, belt slipping out, etc. 

I got the folding tables on my 16-32, it's a different model yes but the tables work nice. I never fold them down where i have the machine parked but  before i moved it to the final spot i played with them for a bit and they worked well. I think it's a button on both sides you press and the drop down. I wish they were like the DW735 tables the folded up .... oh well.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:40 AM, Mick S said:

My frequently referred to buddy, Carl, has the folding tables on his. The folding action is nice, but he has had some issues with the tracking guides on the tables. Seems that they've added what look like UHMW or similar plastic channels that the belt drive runs through on the bottom outfeed side. His have been problematic - out of alignment, belt slipping out, etc. 

That's my next battle with my sander, the belt is tracking straight but one side is over too far and into the UHMW guide...I knew the belt was off center but didn't realize it was contacting the guide until after a little bit of use.  I have problems getting the belt aligned and running true, so I'm pretty much guaranteed a frustrating fifteen or twenty minutes to get it back, well...on track.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I learned to adjust the belt tension only in very slight amounts then run the sander in actual use for several minutes, measure belt location and re adjust etc. 

I only use 1/16 to 1/8 of a complete turn on the nut at a time. Tiny adjustments, close measurements and running the sander in actual use might be slow but once it's adjusted it says adjusted for quite awhile. I learned this over about 20 years with my first 16/32 sander and the SuperMax conveyor uses the same type adjustments. 

• Like 1