Insulating box for whole house fan

bleedinblue

Yeah i was wondering if that was going get get taken out of context. Technical stuff is different you aren't paying for the labor your paying for the knowledge or technical expertise. If you have other stuff that you HAVE to do that's different. I'm talking about paying someone to do something so you can sit and be bored. Like i get it some times you don't want to do it but don't complain to me about being bored and not being able to afford stuff in the next breath.

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

...TV show especially just to get bombarded by ads.

Hey Drew if you record your shows with a DVR you can fast forward through the ads :) 

Like others the older I get the more I pay folks to do things but I'm fairly cheap as well so I still do most things, or pay my son in law to do them LOL

One thing I won't do is tape sheetrock and I'm not real keen on plumbing either...

On 6/20/2018 at 11:23 AM, legenddc said:

Just got the first estimate for this. $2,300 to remove the ~R-10 up there now and all of the nastiness from 45 years, caulk any cracks and blow in R49. All of that in an attic you can't even crouch in.

I would worry about where the particles from the old insulation will end up.  It's much more friable with some age on it, and the air gets filled with microscopic particles.   Without a very good plan, other than sending a crew of low wage laborers up there to drag it out, I'd be inclined to just blow some more on top of it.   That's what I did in my Mother's house, and its been fine since then, with a Very noticeable, better difference in the house.

• Like 1

It certainly might.  I need to try to remember to screw around with those baffles tonight.  It's been relatively cool for the past few days so this kinda got kicked to the back burner and forgot about.  High 90's this week though, so the fight will be back on.