Blum Installation

..Kev

I know when I first installed my first set of Blum under mount glides, I had a bunch of questions and am grateful for those that were willing to answer them.  I'm also sure there will be someone else in the same spot so, shot this quick video to maybe take a little of the mystery out of installing these glides..  Hope it helps!

• Like 2

Thanks for the video Kev!  Of course like most everything in my life lately it was a day late.  Just finished 8 drawers using the Blum guides.  Mine were stacked 4 high I cut a spacer that was a strong 9/16 thick to provide the correct spacing for the next drawer.  Worked like a champ. My drawers are inset and going into a frameless cabinet, so I still have to make the false drawer front, but half the battle is won.  Again thanks fot the video.

• Like 1

I'm sure the video is great.  I didn't watch it, so sorry if this is redundant,  but just want to recommend to anyone using these slides for the first time to make your first drawer out of scrap as a trial.   I don't build cabinets as often as I used to, and still do this on my first one, just to make sure I remember everything correctly.

• Like 1

Tom and Kev are so right. Definitely build a scrap test drawer first. Width and length are crucial.  All the adjustments are so useful to get the drawer & front aligned. Cheaper concealed slides are no big savings if they take 3x longer to install. Using a Vix bit to install most hinges and slides is a very good idea. Using the drill guide to place the rear hole and pilot for the screws has definite advantages. 

• Like 1