Bandsaw blade choices

collinb

Wore out an Olson (3 tpi) on the first store rolling shelf.

Don't want to have to buy a blade per project.

Hard to justify resharpening a cheap blade.

Can this be used for wood? Specs look like it can handle the speed.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/73213969

Anyone here using Lenox blades?

My primary bandsaw blade collection for my Laguna 18BX consists of a 1" carbide Laguna Resaw King for resaw work (from lagunatools.com ), and the bi-metal Lenox Diemaster 2 blades, 1/2" 4tpi & 1/4" 6tpi (from bandsawbladesdirect.com ).  I bought each for the longer life of the carbide and bi-metal blades, the combination of price & value, as well as the overall quality they provide.  I haven't been disappointed in any of the blades. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Resaw King and I am sorry that I wasted any time/money on anything less.

Even for the hobbyist (including the Timber Wolf) the steel blades will wear out fast enough that doesn't take a long time to cover the carbide cost. The only reason to not get one is if funds don't allow. (That happens to many of us, periodically.) But when funds do allow it's definitely worth the price.

There’s another thread about a fellow who broke a RK blade. I always wanted one for my 1412 but that was off-putting. Now again I think I may want one. The price slows me down. I bought a Laguna 5/8” silica blade, I forget their model name, that is a nice, smooth cutting blade for $35. When it wears out I’ll  prolly get the RK.