Shaker huntboard

Tmize

OP, although I don’t dislike the walnut panels as the top will be walnut also, I question the white frame of the doors. They are the first and last thing I see. Don’t mean to be negative, just my opinion. I don’t know  s*#t from Shinola about Shaker, just saying. 

Wooden runner the bottom of the drawer runs on an the interior  frame and panel controls the side to side. I laid out the rails off of the face frames so that about 1/2 of the rails guide the the drawers. In this pic you can see the runner screwed in the frame an the drawer side placement on how it rides against it and the side

E45CB7E2-21A1-4D5F-A204-45F3A4942D89.jpeg

Edited by Tmize
Added pic
  • Like 1

Construction is very nice and quality is #1. Good photos to show the steps in the project. Ingenious idea for the drawers. IMHO, that wood is too nice to be painted. But.......happy wife, happy life! Let us see the finished cabinet. Thanks for sharing!

My wife and I are at war over painting our kitchen cabinets. The house is a mass-produced subdivision house with built-in-place plywood cabinet doors. She spent a ton of time refinishing them.