Shaker huntboard

Tmize

She picked out a bluish green milk paint she liked (a first time for me). The top will BLO the few coats of wipe on poly. I’ve been researching grain filling I may give it a shot on this one. I’ve read that it muddy the grain sometimes. I’ll try it out on some offcuts first. 

@Chet I keep looking back at your sideboard build for ideas an inspirations. I’ve never built from plans nearly always a picture or sketch is all so getting all the parts to work together is challenging. 

When you was the web frame assembly the individual panels dividing the drawer you cut a dado to accept it. Was it just like a 1/8” or so for positioning. My thinking is if I go much deeper I will hit my tenon. I roughed out my materials the last night an offset my groove back off center a 1/8 or so. I’m thinking of doing more of a half lap joint instead of m&t to keep it from being a problem but should I not worry so much since it will not have any or much stress on it?

Mine was a little different construction then yours. Mine didn't have a face frame, the drawer case was built separate and then inserted between the top sub frame and the bottom.  The dados holding the web frames were 1/4 inch because they were some what structural. 

IMG_0968.thumb.jpg.f338256b61943951de753f596d8ad214.jpg

IMG_0965.thumb.jpg.f35e785c42b1899b8bc1993a576e7927.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It’s been a good project. Only real mistake was when the stiles for the main case work I cut one 2” shorter some how so I cut the rest to match. I didn’t see much difference then in my layout but now that I that I cut the drawer faces an placed them in the drawer width look wrong to the door openings now. Is it just me or are the portions off?