New to me finish

rodger.

Target Coatings is one of the original water-based finish manufacturers. I tried their products and had nothing but bad luck as well as some other people at the same time. I used one of their topcoats and added their cross-linker to it and it dried gritty. They were very hard to get a hold of and I finally was able to talk to the owner who said it was my equipment but it was a Fuji Mini-Mite 4 so I doubt it. When a lot of other people (professionals) started posting the same problems on their forum they finally admitted to having some bad batches. In the end I ended up getting a refund but wasted a lot of time.

That was five years ago and I know any company can have bad batches but that was enough for me to never try them again. They’ve been around for a long time so I’m guessing a lot of people are happy with their products. 

Sounds like estesbubba's experience with Target was like my experience with Forrest saw blades.  Many. many folks rave about a product but, a few of us have less than stellar results.  This experience can sour us for all time.  I'm sure the folks who use and love Target Coatings will chime in (along with a few Forrest fans :D).

General Finishes Pre-Cat Lacquer, Satin, Gallon

General Finishes has the same thing.

I have used the Target 6000 production lacquer in the past with great results. But the General Finishes lacquer seems to come off the gun better and probably has a little more solids, don't quote me on that... I haven't checked. It just seemed more body to it, if ya know what I mean.

-Ace- 

The water based "lacquer" is great for projects not requiring a lot of protection.

10 hours ago, gee-dub said:

Sounds like estesbubba's experience with Target was like my experience with Forrest saw blades.  Many. many folks rave about a product but, a few of us have less than stellar results.  This experience can sour us for all time.  I'm sure the folks who use and love Target Coatings will chime in (along with a few Forrest fans :D).

I'm not head over heels impressed with my Forrest blade either so you aren't alone. It cuts as well as my Freud but i'd never be able to tell from the cuts which is which. Now i can identify it by sound and boy oh boy is the forrest blade a lot louder.

7 hours ago, rodger. said:

Well, I'll be the guinea pig. I'll get a can over the holidays and then try it out. I'll post a review for spraying and brushing.

Despite the others chiming i i'd still be interested to hear about your results.