A-Line-It = Game Changer

Ron Swanson Jr.

I bought one near the end of a year when I needed to spend some money to drop a bar on the tax chart.  I also bought the Master Plate that replaces the saw blade on the arbor.  It is an impressive package, but I've never used it on anything but the table saws.  I set my Unisaw dead on, and after moving it a couple of times, once in the front end loader a quarter mile, it was still dead on.  That speaks more for my tractor driving skills than using the aligning kit though.  It lives in my Setup toolbox, which has some other interesting things in it.

I don't know what it's better, or worse than.   I had to make a quick decision.

I have used those different feeler tips for something else, but don't remember what it was.

For a jointer, I just use a strip of wood.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ..Kev said:

What makes it any better than a mag switch gauge for a fraction of the price?

I'm a fan of their tools but, they really put out some clunkers sometimes so, forgive my skepticism

I don't know, can't speak to the other product you mentioned. 

As I said, I have a cheap dial indicator that doesn't get much use, due in part to me not being super proficient with it. So I have used a starrett combination square for most of my machine calibration and adjustment. But with this new set up, I'm perfectly dialed in on my jointer. That tiny bit of snipe I always lived with is gone and my new table saw seems to be dialed in perfectly (fence to miter track). I'm sure there are other products out there that are great to, but for a hobbiest who is decent, but never great at these very fine adjustments, it's helped me to achieve accuracy that I've never been able to get to in the past.