Out-feed Table

Tobykanobe

So I'm totally excited about two new acquisitions from a local dispatch center that is getting a re-model.  They are tables that raise and lower to a desired height.  One of them I want to take the existing press board off and use as an out-feed table for my PM table saw.  The other will be converted to a fabrication table.  I plan using just a 4x8 sheet of plywood in a landscape orientation to the table saw.  My question is if any of you would recommend those ball bearing swivels so that the piece off-feeding just glides over the balls.  (See link)  Am I overthinking it?  Would those balls get dusty and eventually not roll anymore?  Thoughts?

download.jpg

I have eliminated those from my shop.  They leave compression trails on heavier stock that telegraph through when finish is applied.  I tried to re-purpose them for a bandsaw outfeed but, found they quickly fouled and would not roll well without a lot of attention.  I replaced them with casters for the bandsaw where heavy stock has to move in a non-linear fashion.  Waxed surfaces seem to work well for tablesaw and other straight-line feed paths.

A waxed melamine or laminate surface will allow wood to glide easily. When I am getting ready to do a lot of sawing, I get the Johnson's paste wax and apply a coat. Sheet goods and lumber just glide over the laminte surface of my out feed table when waxed.