Rough Cut Lumber for Mountain/Denver/Colorado Springs Area, plus Hello.

Lone Trout

Greetings All,

I am somewhat new to the Colorado Springs area, and I heard just recently, the The Wood Whisperer is in the Denver area, form George Vondriska, of the WWGOA (Wood Worker's Guild of America.)  So I thought I would join you all, and see about people's suggestions, of where to get rough cut lumber.  It seems my online search, for rough cut in Colorado Springs, comes up with furniture places, but not where to get lumber to joint and plane oneself.  Otherwise, I've enjoyed a few of The Wood Whisper's streams, but will be looking forward to more. 

9 hours ago, Chet said:

Welcome to the forums,

You can also try going to woodfinder.com - enter you zip code and see what pops up.

Don't take woodfinder as gospel, though. It claims the supplier nearest to me is over a hundred miles away. A lot of smaller suppliers have little or no web presence. Searching Craig's List or Facebook Marketplace can turn up some real gems, right in your back yard. And I don't mean just shadetree woodmizers, but real commercial lumber suppliers that operate by word of mouth more than paid advertising.

4 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Don't take woodfinder as gospel, though. It claims the supplier nearest to me is over a hundred miles away.

This is correct.  Everybody is not listed on there its just a source to start the process when you move to a new area.