Rockler ProLift

elrodk

Does anyone have the Rockler ProLift and if so how do you like it? I have a $50 coupon that expires tomorrow and I've had my eye on one for a while. I really like the idea of dual speed adjustment. The only downside I have found is the different size snap rings are crazy expensive and should be included. Well that and the overall lack of info from people who have used one.

Thanks!

Well i hope this isn't a bit late. I like the look of the lift. The snap lock inserts are expensive but do you really need more than 2? Maybe 3? I'd get a large one that fits your  largest bit and then the guide bushing one (I'd only buy this one if/when the need came up). Those 2 with the stock one would be more than enough for me personally.

Currently i have a home made table that has a 3.5" hole in it and i don't really find myself needing it smaller. With a good flat top, most of your work pieces will span a large hole just fine.

Thanks Chestnut. I believe you are right about the inserts. My old Craftsman table saw had a router table wing which was just a hole in the cast iron top with some snap in rings. Most were rarely used. I sold the saw last year after getting a Sawstop. 

I currently have a router screwed to a piece of 3/4 ply that I clamp to a bench.  It's not as flat or stable as I would like and no fence. My plan is to build my version of John White's extension table router wing from fww  #216 and drop in a lift. I recall someone built theirs with a separate router table fence. I like that idea because a separate fence means I can use the saw without tearing down the router setup. I have the 52" rails and the router can stay set up for 90% of the tablesaw cuts.

I think I'll go ahead and order the Rockler lift. I can send it back if it seems hinky when I get my hands on it. 

I'll post some pictures when I get everything set up and some sort of review or thoughts on the lift. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the feature about this pro-lift I'd like most is the locking knob.   I have the older Rockler lift, and as you use it, the router will change height from the vibration. Have not found a great solution, other than remembering where the wheel is pointed and constantly checking.   I did tighten up the mechanism, might have to do that again.

No, I think it looks really nice.   If you did buy it, love to hear your impressions.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, elrodk said:

The only downside I have found is the different size snap rings are crazy expensive and should be included.

I seems like router table rings are made of unobtainium or something equally rich. I have an Excalibur lift, the one that SawStop cloned, and I wanted some rings for it. Excalibur was no more, so I checked out the SawStop rings, which were $100 CDN for a set of 4! Right about then, the local tool emporium had a clearance on a bunch of old General Int. stock & I got a set of rings for $23. They also had a cast iron extension table that fits my lift for $98, regularly over $400. But I had just built my own so I passed.

• 11 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, elrodk said:

Thanks Chestnut. I believe you are right about the inserts. My old Craftsman table saw had a router table wing which was just a hole in the cast iron top with some snap in rings. Most were rarely used. I sold the saw last year after getting a Sawstop. 

I currently have a router screwed to a piece of 3/4 ply that I clamp to a bench.  It's not as flat or stable as I would like and no fence. My plan is to build my version of John White's extension table router wing from fww  #216 and drop in a lift. I recall someone built theirs with a separate router table fence. I like that idea because a separate fence means I can use the saw without tearing down the router setup. I have the 52" rails and the router can stay set up for 90% of the tablesaw cuts.

I think I'll go ahead and order the Rockler lift. I can send it back if it seems hinky when I get my hands on it. 

I'll post some pictures when I get everything set up and some sort of review or thoughts on the lift. 

Did you ever end up buying this lift? Just curious your opinion. I recently added another router to my arsenal and as a result can have one dedicated to table use and I've always been kicking around the idea of a router lift.