new remote

collinb

5 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

I used some cheap remotes and went through two sets before I stopped with the cheap stuff. I may try that setup, although I’m not sure I’d leave those contacts exposed. They appear to be, in the picture?

There is a transparent plastic yellow cover over them. I used forked spade lugs on the wire ends for a reliable connection.

I am considering a plastic box for the unit as I really don't like dust on electronics. I didn't begin with a box because I wasn't certain about its size.

A transparent thermostat cover might be just the thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackoak said:

that is very interesting . what are it's limitations ? I looked at the link and I was not sure .

The title says it all -- 30A is plenty for small & medium dust collectors. And it has a wide voltage range for US or Euro voltages.

18 hours ago, Coop said:

I keep my remote clipped to my front pants pocket. Nothing worse than being in the shop late at night, remote clipped on while working at the bench and they make contact. The noise creates a close to pee moment. 

I usually leave mine on my table saw fence. One place, easy to find and return. Since this came with two I'm thinking one might go on the planer and the one on the fence may get a magnet glued to the back just to prevent accidents.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Long Ranger 208V module and bought 2 extra remotes ($20 each). I then picked 3 locations and hung the remotes from the ceiling, none of which are more than 2 steps from a blast gate.  No more leaving the fob in the pants I ain’t wearing or losing it outright.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Gary - you can buy what is called a motor starter switch to replace the controls on your DC. Grizzley has some. If you get the electrically actuated version instead of the push button type, you can add your own remote control or other activator to turn it on and off.

• Like 1