Spray cork coating

treeslayer

Has anyone used-heard of this coating? My exterior foundation walls (concrete) needs painting and ran across this stuff seems like good stuff but you know how the internet is. My application would be just the exposed poured concrete foundation as the rest of the whole house is brick, thanks in advance for any information 

40 minutes ago, Coop said:

were you thinking about using this just for the color?

i just want something to last Coop, i don't like the thought of doing it again and it can be had in many colors

33 minutes ago, Tpt life said:

“Weather resistant” says it all. I would not expect it to hold up outdoors long term. 

i understand, once it's sprayed on if it don't last i bet it's a real pain to remove, more research is definitely needed before i do anything

My house has that black stuff sprayed on the concrete that goes into the ground, then above the ground a certain distance. Can’t recall what it’s called but it’s quite common around the northwest. Haven’t heard of spray cork, that sounds like it would have interesting applications for jigs, vice faces and holdfasts :) 

• Like 1

My place just has some exterior grade spray foam on the foundation. It's gotten damaged a little bit in 30 years but overall looks like it's in good shape. I can't comment about the cork stuffer ... er cork stuff. That cork stuff does seem appealing. I wonder how it'd hold up as flooring? Kinda expensive for an experiment.

After viewing the website a bit, I'm skeptical. They make a point of it being an insulator. A 12 Kg pail covers 180 sq ft, so I can't calculate the thickness of the coat. But if it's tough enough to be used on sidewalks & patios, it will not be super light & airy, which is what a good insulator is. So, at best the thin layer that will be 'insulating' your basement is going to be about 'R-next to nothing'

If they have to make up goofy stuff like that then I don't put much trust in anything they claim.

• Like 1