Saw blade shifted over 1/4" on miter saw...???

wakemeup

I have a Hitachi C12RSH2 12" sliding compound miter saw.  I was using the saw for a few days and it was cutting great.  The saw sat in my locked garage with no one else entering or using.  It was not dropped or knocked over,  I went out to continue my project and on my first slide cut of a 2 by 6 the blade cut into the plastic table insert (See attached pic).  Also it hit the rear plastic guard like piece (See attached pic).  I measured the distance of the blade from a fixed point and it appears that the blade is about 1/4" shifted to the right, hence the cut into the table insert and the hitting of the guide.  I went through the owners manual and can't find any way to adjust this.  Anyone else experience this?  Is there a way to adjust this?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

The numbers refer to a parts call out from ereplacementparts.com.  https://www.ereplacementparts.com/hitachi-c12rsh-sliding-dual-compound-miter-saw-parts-c-7927_13297_13307.html

I have the older version, C12RSH.  I also didn’t see anything that would easily account for a 1/4” shift.   Looks like you have already adjusted the green plastic table inserts (61, 62)  as much as possible.  The two parts that hold the slide pipes  (149, 166) are pretty solid.   It would be possible some part cracked and slid out of the hinge (173), unlikely but possible.  

my best guess, hope, is that you changed the blade and did not replace The inside blade washer (285, 287)

When u find it please let us know what u found.

35 minutes ago, Pixxture said:

The numbers refer to a parts call out from ereplacementparts.com.  https://www.ereplacementparts.com/hitachi-c12rsh-sliding-dual-compound-miter-saw-parts-c-7927_13297_13307.html

I have the older version, C12RSH.  I also didn’t see anything that would easily account for a 1/4” shift.   Looks like you have already adjusted the green plastic table inserts (61, 62)  as much as possible.  The two parts that hold the slide pipes  (149, 166) are pretty solid.   It would be possible some part cracked and slid out of the hinge (173), unlikely but possible.  

my best guess, hope, is that you changed the blade and did not replace The inside blade washer (285, 287)

Thanks for the link to ereplacement. 
It actually happened with stock blade that I have never changed. The saw is almost new, barely used. I’m a low level intermediate woodworker at best.  That blade you see is a brand new blade. I changed it out out of desperation and it lines up exactly like the stock one. It’s almost like it needs a spacer on the arbor. 
Yes, I did move the green plastic inserts. It was actually worst. 
On the second picture you can see how far off the blade is when you line it up with the  handle that you change the cutting angle with. . 

1 hour ago, Pixxture said:

I’m thinking maybe something going on with 292 or 300. When I get some time I’ll pull the cover off and take a look. Thanks again for the link. 

I found it.  There is a pressed in collar/spacer on the upper slide arm that fell out of place.  In the pictures below it is freely moving on the arm but needs to be inside where I am pointing with the pic.  Its held in with a 3mm hex screw.  I briefly tried to get it back in from the rear but didn't have time.  I think it may have to go in from the front.  I also made a video so you can see the movement but couldn't attach it.   The whole arm wobbles.  Anyway, thanks for everyone's help.  I'll post something when I get it back in place.

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mark J said:

Not so fast on the cats. 

Someone had to loosen the set screw.

Haha!  I never knew it existed until I started looking at the arms for something.  Only thing I can think of is that I was doing a lot of slide cuts on 2  x 6’s and it just came loose and/or wasn’t tightened from the factory.