Bandsaw is "barking"

Jake46

I have a Rikon 14" bandsaw - works fine except it has started "barking" at me.  The noise is coming from the lower wheel area, but I can't track it down.  Changing blades or adjusting tension doesn't affect it.  Here's a link to a clip of the sound in the hope that someone can offer a solution?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni9wansbepm9lt5/bandsaw_“barking”.m4a.mp4?dl=0

Cheers,

Jake

I agree.  back the rollers away form the blade and see if the mosie stops.  Check the blade teeth to see if they are damaged.  I there any indication of trouble when you rotate the wheels with no blade on the machine?   Chekc everywhere that the blade comes close to some on other part.  Good luck.

Also, check to be sure the key in the drive pulley didn't come out. I had that happen recently. Fix is easy if you can find the old key. Otherwise, you will have to find one and the big box stores don't carry them anymore. Maybe Ace or Tractor Supply. I don't have those here and had to wait for a bearing supply house to open.