18V battery adapters

legenddc

Has anyone ever seen the 18v adapter products to let you change battery brands? https://www.badaptor.com/product/convert-milwaukee-18v-battery-to-ryobi-one-18v-cordless-tool/

There's a lot of cordless items I'd like to get but don't need the Milwaukee/Makita quality. Was thinking of picking some of these adapters up and buying the much cheaper Ryobi cordless versions of the tools.

Would the options be significantly cheaper? Also would you run an adapter on each tool or just have 1 adapter that you move around? It seems like a a good idea, i have dewalt batteries but looking at the bare tools there isn't a huge price difference on some of them.

I just found that dewalt makes a pole saw that takes the regular 20v batteries. It's tempting to buy one as it's marginally more expensive than a non powered pole saw.

I bought an adapter that takes an M18 battery & has 2 wires to connect it to whatever load you choose. It works well.

I wouldn't be happy with any Ryobi tool that would be used more than once in a long while. The ergonomics, power, balance, etc is just not there.

Just one adapter needed. A cordless leaf blower for our deck would be nice, I don't need a lot of power and Milwaukee ones seem to be twice as much. A portable inflater would be nice for some kids stuff. I see the Ryobi nail guns under $100 frequently on directtoolsoutlet.com. Not something I need, but would be nice to have and 1/3 the price of the Milwaukee ones. The cordless hot glue gun would be nice so we're not worried about the kids tripping over the cord, etc.

I'm not saying the nicer quality tools don't work better but for what I'm looking for it's nicer then I need. Anything which will get used frequently I'll buy the nicer tool.

The quantity of work is a logical consideration when buying tools. For me I use Makita. It makes sense to pick a brand and stay with it so as to have interchangeable batteries.

Also lithium batteries new and left on the shelf will not deteriorate. Therefore I buy batteries and make sure there are at least 2 batteries in the bubble packs on standby. The best time to buy the batteries is December with the very best sale prices. About 50% off.

• Like 1

One question I would have is whether the adapters do a good job of attaching to the battery AND attaching to the tool.  Particularly for something like a leaf blower where you will be swinging the tool about.  The price on the one you referenced was in Pounds so I'd make sure it was returnable.