Delta 36-725 outfeed table build.

rainjer

Nice job on that.

I made an attached, fold down outfeed table for my saw as well and love it. It's so nice to be able to raise the table & have it be perfectly aligned with the saw table no matter where in my shop (uneven floor) it is. And when not using it, I can make it go away & not take up any space.

@drzaius - My problem I have is my bench currently doubles as my outfeed table. Every time I need extra support to rip something I have to clear of my bench. With this design I can fold it up when I need it and down when I don't and like you said, it is always even with the saw even if I take it outside to work.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coop said:

Very well done! In your first pic, where did you source the threaded inserts for the legs? 

They are rivet nuts. I bought a rivet nut tool for another project. After that project was when the seed was planted to use them on this project.  

Tool: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RCPVLKE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rivet Nuts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RCPVLKE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

@rainjer, is that the same Delta saw sold at Lowes Home Improvement stores? Curious about your dust collection, as the display model I examined has a completely open chassis, no provision for collecting dust. Unless there is a shroud that wasn't installed? The home centers are notorious for doing a bare minimum of assembly. Also curious on your opinion of the linear elevation mechanism and direct drive.  

55 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

@rainjer, is that the same Delta saw sold at Lowes Home Improvement stores? Curious about your dust collection, as the display model I examined has a completely open chassis, no provision for collecting dust. Unless there is a shroud that wasn't installed? The home centers are notorious for doing a bare minimum of assembly. Also curious on your opinion of the linear elevation mechanism and direct drive.  

Mine is the older model. Mine had covers, the new on does not.  The dust port on the new one is in the back up a little higher

Table-Saw-2-of-5 (1).jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...