This makes me sad...

Shane Jimerfield

30 minutes ago, Coop said:

As we find ourselves more dependent on other countries for what we once produced here in the states, shortage and quality of everything will become more of a disaster until rectified. Sad situation! 

I was told it's because the automobile manufacturers scooped up all the metal last year, when production dropped off due to COVID.

When we, as the proclaimed “Greatest and most powerful nation in the world” can’t be independently dependent on products and production of necessities such as steel, batteries, and any other item shown as manufactured in China or offshore, we tend to believe any excuse for shortages. Rant over. Back to local broadcasting. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

The global supply chain situation (including within the USA) sucks right now. My company is having to search high and low for raw materials so that we can manufacture our goods, and when we can find some, the prices are skyrocketing. Some are 5x 'normal' price or more. Then the few components that we can only get from China are hit with 25% tariffs. Chemicals from Texas are still priced super high from the ice storms back in February. It's a mess across the board.

• Like 1

You could always look on auction sites for a #7. I own the Veritas one you have linked to and it doesn’t perform any better than my Stanley #7 ebay special which is about 50 years old. Only difference of course is the Veritas one is bevel up, has the adjustable mouth and you can put on the magnetic fence. It is the same cutting angle.

On 4/27/2021 at 9:25 PM, Coop said:

When we, as the proclaimed “Greatest and most powerful nation in the world” can’t be independently dependent on products and production of necessities such as steel, batteries, and any other item shown as manufactured in China or offshore, we tend to believe any excuse for shortages. Rant over. Back to local broadcasting. :ph34r:

All these shortages are mostly due to covid.