The CloudScope electric 6 string guitar.

"Mother of Toilet binding", I almost spewed my drink all over the screen!

That is a beauty, Terry! I love that this Les Paul design allows the lovely wood grain of the top to show, where many styles hide so much under a pick guard. And the back was so well matched, I almost didn't notice the cover plate.

Well done!

• Like 1

Thanks everybody. It plays really well and I shaped the back of the neck with my Clifton 550 concave spokeshave - a picture from their website below. The curve it gives fits the hand really well. That tool is normally used for shaping stair rails or cabriole legs but it is the ideal radius for guitar necks. I have had it years but never used it on a neck before. It will get much more use in the future.

Clifton550.thumb.JPG.fe266c73f5263ce942e11cfe77d2567b.JPG

I also have the Clifton convex 500 spokeshave too but have not yet found a use for. 

Clifton500.thumb.JPG.dacd7bc55de526feab01e8625a41a127.JPG

It currently resides in my plane cabinet. No doubt a requirement will crop up and I can use it. 

1 hour ago, TerryMcK said:

Thanks everybody. It plays really well and I shaped the back of the neck with my Clifton 550 concave spokeshave - a picture from their website below. The curve it gives fits the hand really well. That tool is normally used for shaping stair rails or cabriole legs but it is the ideal radius for guitar necks. I have had it years but never used it on a neck before. It will get much more use in the future.

Clifton550.thumb.JPG.fe266c73f5263ce942e11cfe77d2567b.JPG

I also have the Clifton convex 500 spokeshave too but have not yet found a use for. 

Clifton500.thumb.JPG.dacd7bc55de526feab01e8625a41a127.JPG

It currently resides in my plane cabinet. No doubt a requirement will crop up and I can use it. 

Very nice! I just purchased a Convex 500 for a class I am taking at MASW in June I will let you know what we use for :) 

• Like 1