Cordless Drill/Screwdriver

Chestnut

I'm not home to check my model number, but I think my Milwaukee is an earlier version of the 2401.  My drill-driver is a great tool in both modes, but I can't offer a comparison with the other tools you're considering.

For many years it was my only cordless drill, and I never used the corded one.

Edited by Mark J

Glad it all worked out @Chestnut in the end and acme did right by you.  It shouldn’t be abnormal for a company to stand by a product they sell but nowadays it isn’t always the case. 

Another expense you save with the Milwaukee is that you won’t have to buy a set centrotec bits to work with the 1/4” chuck. Depending on how many bits or which set you buy that could be as much as you paid for the Milwaukee drill itself.   I’ve been very happy with my installation drill and Pretty sure you will as well. 

As an aside regarding the impact drivers, while it’s true the peak torque isn’t as much, the ramp up the Hydraulic drivers experience is less. So as long as you don’t go over their peak value the time it takes to drive a given faster should be about the same.  I believe there are yt videos that confirm this.  And as you mentioned you will probably next exceed the peak torque anyways for these 12v tools. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legenddc said:

Glad you were able to find something that works. I was about to post that I saw the Milwaukee M12 Surge (oil-impact) is on sale at Home Depot.

Dewalt does have a 12v 1/4" screwdriver but I've never seen it in stores. I think you went the best route.

Interesting I missed that somehow. That seems like a good options. It appears acme has it on the shelves as well so i could have looked at it. That would have been kind of nice given that I'd be able to keep the number of chargers needed down. In hindsight i really like the D style better than the T style. It puts your hand in a better position to get good force strait into the screw.

Maybe I'll circle back in a year and update if the other attachments are worth it.

• Like 1