Woodpeckers PRL V2 Router Lift

pkinneb

Anyone have experience with the PRL V2?

https://www.woodpeck.com/prl-v2-precision-router-lift-3735.html

My lift has been giving me trouble for a couple years now and since I am about to remake my router table top/fence thought I might pick up a new lift. The feature that I like is being able to quickly bring the router up and down with one turn of one handle. Given its cost I want to make sure it works as advertised prior to purchase. Thanks in advance for your input!

On 2/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, JohnG said:

One thing I don’t understand- the micro adjust is tool free, but then to lock the height adjustment you have to use a tool? And it’s a different tool than the main height adjust? 

I saw that too and was concerned but have watched several videos that say you really don't need to lock that down unless doing really large runs. Woodpecker has a habit of over engineering things so I would hope that didn't need to be locked down every time or that is a show stopper as it would get old really fast.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:58 AM, Chestnut said:

I swore i did research on lifts and knocked this one out of the running for some reason, maybe it was just price but it's not that bad? I don't know if you remember the comments on it in this thread?

Nope in my old age I apparently forgot about this! What's scarier is I have been talking about redoing my table for almost a year ;)

Thanks Drew!

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...