10" Bandsaw, Bearing and DC Upgrade

Can you come do mine next?  :P Same saw and I need to do all the same things to it! I’ve been ignoring the screeching for a while. 

on a more serious note, writing the blade length inside the case is genius! I always forget what size it uses and frantically search the internet to try to find out. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:34 PM, JohnG said:

Can you come do mine next?  :P Same saw and I need to do all the same things to it! I’ve been ignoring the screeching for a while. 

on a more serious note, writing the blade length inside the case is genius! I always forget what size it uses and frantically search the internet to try to find out. 

Thank you for pointing that out. Seems smarter than searching through my emails trying to find the size I ordered last time.

Thanks guys.  The snout is just an old unused shop vac fixture but it really has a great new life now.  Writing the blade size or other critical info in the inside of a machine comes from dear old dad's teachings.  Another example is the Allen and hex wrench sizes felt-tip-penned near rarely used adjustments.  A real time saver for those once-every-two-year uses ;-)

• Like 2

On 5/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, gee-dub said:

Thanks guys.  The snout is just an old unused shop vac fixture but it really has a great new life now.  Writing the blade size or other critical info in the inside of a machine comes from dear old dad's teachings.  Another example is the Allen and hex wrench sizes felt-tip-penned near rarely used adjustments.  A real time saver for those once-every-two-year uses ;-)

My grandfather once spent some serious time convincing my mom she wanted to go to a makeup outlet near their house. This was pre GPS days so he went to give her directions. Turned out he was the one who wanted to go and buy cheap nail polish in various colors for the exact purpose you described. 

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2023 at 6:40 AM, legenddc said:

My grandfather once spent some serious time convincing my mom she wanted to go to a makeup outlet near their house. This was pre GPS days so he went to give her directions. Turned out he was the one who wanted to go and buy cheap nail polish in various colors for the exact purpose you described. 

I inherited some of Grandpa's stuff and there are marks with nail polish just as you describe.  A different era, a different solution :)

• Like 1