Craigslist Score

Ron Swanson Jr.

On 7/17/2023 at 8:17 AM, Mark J said:

You could make a partial thickness cut with a TS, then complete the cut with a hand saw.  

Thanks Mark, that's likely the way I'll go. For now, I'm having some fun with my planes trying to flatten some faces. 

Because these are so big, working the side grain is very high, so you can't really use your legs. Quite the arms workout and no one had ever confused me with a weight lighter. Lol. 

On 7/17/2023 at 11:54 AM, D W C said:

Because these are so big, working the side grain is very high, so you can't really use your legs. Quite the arms workout and no one had ever confused me with a weight lighter. Lol. 

You just need to clamp some scrap pieces to one leg of each table saw, then put the workpiece on those and clamp one end so it doesn't fall over ... voila; whatever height you want. If the top of the working surface gets below the top of the sawhorse, you'd need to put a spacer between the workpiece and the sawhorse to give clearance to the work surface.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 9:52 PM, Coop said:

Filters? I didn’t know you could do that. I need to research it! 

Click on your location and it shows you a map that indicates the area you are searching in. Use the + and - buttons on the map to make the search area larger or smaller. 

I usually expand it to cover about a 100 mile radius from my house. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, D W C said:

This was down in Winthrop MN so i had to drive a bit. Maybe that's outside of your distance filter? I set mine a little larger than the default. 

Yeah i have mine set relatively close. I keep it that way so i can reasonably pick up either to or from work, or possibly during the day without much detour. I've found being extremely flexible on pickup makes the sales easier.

• 8 months later...