Plug Cutter Plug Question

roughsawn

I made a couple hundred plugs today, with scrap from my current project, and some scrap walnut. After I got done, I ran a couple practice holes with several of my current drill bit/countersink bits. Measured 3/8" above the countersink (and I'm talking about 3/8" plugs). But, all my bits make a loose fitting hole for the plugs. Apparently, the shaft above the countersink barely makes the plug hole a bit too big.

When I make a 3/8" hole with a forstner bit...it is perfect...the plugs fit good and tight. I'm using a set of Make It Snappy plug cutters.

Is the a better quality countersink/drill bit that will give me a perfect fit for my 3/8" plugs...and not too loose?

I'm just headed over to Make It Snappy's website to see if they make one.

To match the tapered head of the screw???

Just the way I've always seen it done on the world famous youtube.

If there is a better way, I'm all ears. And, I see Make it Snappy DOES make them to work with their plug cutters.

I'm installing shelves into dados, horizontally, in a "cabinet" style structure that will be holding bins. I'll then come into the shelves with screws, thru the dado, from the outside. I then want to bury the screws, and hide/cover them with matching plugs. Am I on the right track?