Measuring tool fetish...

I stop at a bunch of tape measures simply because I constantly misplace them!! Yeah, yeah, always use the same tape measure throughout a project... these are just for rough measurements while one is kept for the real measurement (if I measure... honestly, measuring with a tape is where I make 98% of my errors!! WHY!?)

I love measuring, I remember like it was yesterday.....wooda...wooda....wooda (this is my flashback noise), me as a little kid with a tape measure measuring everything and calling out, to no one in particular, the distance between things, the height, width, depth, length, etc... Flashback to present day and I am still measuring things, but the device that I use have become more complex, more accurate, and expensive in price is all.

LQQK (OCD, who is with me now?)

I can't be the only one... I have no idea what the deal is, but... I have like a million different rulers, calipers, micrometers, etc... There is something comforting about the exactness of them.

anyone else?

LOL, you mean I'm not the only one who takes a cut and then checks it with a dial verneer..........so funny and my dial indicator to set the depth on my router table.....and freak out when it's .005 too long or short. Ah, I'll always be a machinest, even if I'm working with wood!

If you really want to go nuts, find yourself a machinist's manual and start reading about how to measure things. guaranteed you'll never use any of it on wood, but it's fascinating stuff.

For added fun, find something off of google books from the 1800's. These guys were doing calculus back then! Totally insane stuff, but necessary. Wouldn't want your steam engine exploding because you placed the rivets a sixteenth of an inch too far apart.

Glad I am not alone, everytime I have to order something I make sure I go to the measuring and marking section and try to find something to add to the cart and then make a way in my head to justify it, last time was a Incra T-rule!! We need to start a Measuring and Marking Anonymous group and have our meatings at Rocklers!

Nate