Table saw blades!

petersb

The internet is a great thing. Where else can you go and get so much information, and put it to use?

I am wondering what table saw blades is everyone using, right now, in there saws?

I use the Freud glueline rip blade, full kerf(silver, not the red coated one).

I have a 1.5 hp Delta contractors saw. This was the first premium blade that I bought and the results have been fantastic from the start. The finish cut is like it has been polished. The only way to get a similar finish is to sand into the 1000s of grit sandpaper. I have had it resharpened once since I got it about 7 years ago. I even get good crosscuts with it, even though it is a rip blade.

I have thought about the freud combination blade to try out next.

The internet is a great thing. Where else can you go and get so much information, and put it to use?

I am wondering what table saw blades is everyone using, right now, in there saws?

I use the Freud glueline rip blade, full kerf(silver, not the red coated one).

I have a 1.5 hp Delta contractors saw. This was the first premium blade that I bought and the results have been fantastic from the start. The finish cut is like it has been polished. The only way to get a similar finish is to sand into the 1000s of grit sandpaper. I have had it resharpened once since I got it about 7 years ago. I even get good crosscuts with it, even though it is a rip blade.

I have thought about the freud combination blade to try out next.

I have some CMT, Forrest, And Freud Blades - No matter which I use, I gennerally follow up with a pass or two with the hand plane - That gives a perfect surface, which needs no sanding afterwards.

-gp

I recently got a freud fusion. (as discussed at length in another thread) I'm happy with it.

I am debating about getting a rip blade though. The fusion is listed as doing 1 1/2 inch rips, ive done a few 8/4 planed down to about 1 5/8 and it had some problems.

the fusion blade is the one i want, but i need a real saw to pt it on. i just have a ridgid contractors saw right now. i have a freud thin kerf blade i got from HD on it now and it works pretty good.

I had that saw and used nice blades on it. Try it. You will see a big improvement. They are just standard 10" blades so its not like you can't use them on a nicer saw if you ever get one. :)

I use the Freud blades as well. 50 tooth fusion, 80 tooth (something... its red... I don't remember but I don't use it often...don't want to ruin it)

Brett - I have several that I use regularly...brand isn't important to me so long as the blade does the job well. My daily general purpose users are the Delta 7657 40T, Tenryu RS25550 50T, or DeWalt DW7640 50T, plus I have an Infinity Super General as my "good" general purpose blade for more critical cuts...I also have a Forrest WWII 40T that I use occasionally for critical general purpose stuff too. I've got an inexpensive Oshlun 40T for "riskier" boards...it does a nice enough job, and I don't worry too much if something should happen to it. I also have several specialty blades that see use when it makes sense...I have an excellent 60T Hi-ATB Infinity 010-060 and an 80T Hi-ATB CMT 210.080.10 that are primarily for ultra fine crosscuts or ply cuts, for the times when having no tearout is important to me, otherwise the Super General does a pretty impressive job in that application too. I've also got a 20T Amana RB-1020 for heavy duty ripping, and a 30T ATB DeWalt DW7653 for cleaner thick ripping.

If you're happy with the crosscuts from the LM74, I suspect you'd be blown away by one of the better crosscut blades. The LM74 is not typically well regarded for it's crosscut prowess.

I use Freud and Amana blades on a cabinet saw. I recently had my two Amana blades (both the same model) sharpened one by Forrest and one by my local vendor. The Forrest sharpened blades came back sharper and the teeth looked almost polished. Although the price was higher the cost for straightening and replacing a damaged tooth was less expensive. I'll have to see which stays sharp longer, my guess is the Forrest sharpened one.

• 3 weeks later...